Guide to Umrah Step By Step
If you’re looking for a quick Umrah guide, here are the key rituals of Umrah step by step.
Steps by Step Umrah Rituals
- The first step is to physically cleanse yourself. To understand the state of Ihram, one must take a bath, which is a bath of purification. If you can’t do ghasal, you can do ablution or partial bath.
- The next step is to wear the ihram garments which are two white and sewn sheets for men.
- Women should wear plain white clothing and an abaya over regular clothing. Remember not to wear any kind of jewelry makeup for perfume while wearing Ihram.
- Men’s shoes should show the upper part of the food as well as the ankle. Women can wear closed shoes but they never have to cover their face and hands.
- After wearing the clothes of Ihram, one has to perform two rak’ats of Saleh.
- Then the intention to perform Umrah with the year should be announced.
- Talbiyah should be recited after Niyah.
- After reciting Talbiyah, one attains the status of Ihram and is now called Muhrim.
- At this stage, it is advisable to pray for yourself and for others.
- Now it is time to enter the Holy Mosque of Al-Haram with the right foot in front of the left.
- Read the proposed prayers to enter the holy Islamic place.
- It has been suggested that the first sight after entering the mosque should be the Holy Kaaba. When praying with a devotional atmosphere in the heart, one should dedicate one’s hand and aim with reverence.
- Then according to the Umrah Rituals , one should stand in front of Hajar ul Aswad located in one corner of the Kaur cube.
- Follow the green light that indicates the place where the Tawaf ceremony should begin.
- At this stage, perform Niyah and then start circumambulating Hajar Al-Aswad to the right of you.
- During each round, it is advisable to face and kiss and touch the sacred black stone if possible.
- Prayers can be said while passing in front of Blackstone.
- It is determined that the first three rounds should be done by men at a high speed.
- After completing seven rounds, two rak’ats need to be said to the brothers and sisters.
- Then one should go to Makam-i-Ibrahim to pay homage and perform prayers.
- Drinking holy ZamZam water from the well of Zamzam in the next part of the Umrah guide. It is available for drinking through fountains and suppliers.
- Then, together try to get closer to the area between Hazar al-Aswad and the door of the Ka’bah which is called Multazam az leaning against a wall, raising your hands above your head, and pressing your chest and cheeks against the wall.
- The ritual of Sai should start with Tawaf. This is the third of the four major Umrah ceremonies.
- At the top of the hill, look for a place from where you can face the Kaaba. Stand there, extend your hand towards the Kaaba and perform a prayer before starting the first circuit towards the Marwahar hill. You can also say takbeer, tahlil or dua and send the Prophet safely.
- Look for two green milestones while performing the sai which indicates that men are circumcised walking slowly where women can walk at normal speed.
- After reaching Marwa and facing the Kaaba, pray the same prayers that you offered in Safa.
- Thus complete seven rounds between Safa and Marwar.
- Then perform the prayers and perform the two rak’at prayers of Nafil Salah.
- First come out of the mosque with your left foot while reciting the proper dua.
- The final step is to shave or trim your hair at least an inch. Women are advised to trim their hair a bit, while men are advised to shave their heads completely.
Follow this step-by-step Umrah guide to successfully complete your pilgrimage to the Kaaba in Mecca.